Friday, December 30, 2016

fall 2016


i haven't posted to this blog in awhile. unfortunately, this is not because i haven't been taking photos, and it certainly has not been because i have not been writing. but i haven't really been thinking in the terms of my own anthology, my memories of my life, my collection of photographs. perhaps that is because i have mistaken my own intentions with this blog. maybe i need to consider it a place to write just as much as it is a place to photograph. maybe this year got away from me, simply because it has been so insane. 

sometime i wonder if the world has gone mad. 

this was a hard year to be a woman, a feminist, a liberal, a lover of arts, a writer. but it certainly has been a lot harder for many other people out there. so many others have lost so much this year.

i am lucky enough to have had moments of light.



and i know the history books will tell a story about this year. i know i'll have literature to read about it one day. i know i'll remember the bad things.

so this is an anthology of the good times, the memories i may forget in place of the stunning events. 

two friends came to stay the summer in chicago. we read a (really bad) harry potter book. we also had a lot of fun.








i went back to san francisco.

sam, circa 1998

sam, circa 2016

i turned nineteen. so did some of my friends. 


i started my sophomore year at wellesley. 
cazenove 110

flower sunday

i became co-captain of the whomping wellesleys. we won three games, including our first game against a co-ed team. 

 keepers

beaters

 chasers

 seekers

 me and paola, my co-captain, post beating smith

captains of the past and present

our faces@winning

the counterpoint family rocked out four issues and a bunch of great photos. 

me with the september issue, featuring my hand on the cover and my article inside















me with the december issue, featuring an article wrote by elizabeth and me

i spent fall break visiting boston, apple-picking, and watching stranger things, which led me to dress as nancy wheeler for halloween.














i had the chance to hear chelsea clinton speak. i voted in my first presidential election, for the first woman ever on a major party ticket. she proved wellesley women can and will do it.  #imstillwithher





 i read many, many books. and drank a lot of coffee. 










and i grew closer to some of my favorite people in the world.

















here's to the smiles, and the hopes of many, many more in the upcoming year, no matter how dark it might be outside.

 as always, lots of love,
sam




1 comment: